bee smart city and Smart City Expo World Congress continue their successful partnership for the third consecutive year. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the collaboration is aimed at strengthening Smart City Live 2020, the digital edition of Smart City Expo World Congress, and the Tomorrow.City platform. Smart City Live brings together leading institutions, actors and international experts on smart cities in a virtual environment to exchange expertise, lessons learned, insights and solutions on how smart city development can help cities to overcome the challenges of the pandemic.
Smart City Live brings together leading actors, institutions and international experts on smart cities in a new virtual and interactive format from November 17th to 18th, 2020. Smart City Live is divided into several thematic blocks that will be covered during the two days of the event. The event focuses in particular on the challenges cities and municipalities are exposed to in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- On November 17th, the global effects of the pandemic will be discussed and how cities and municipalities are redefining themselves in order to adapt to this scenario. Experience a full-day live television show broadcasted through the event’s website and social media!
- On November 18, digital workshops and panel discussions as well as side events will take place to discuss the most important challenges that cities and municipalities will face also in the post-COVID era.
Participants are able to interact and speakers will answer questions from attendees. All sessions will be stored and available for registered users of Smart City Live in the Tomorrow.City platform that Fira de Barcelona and Mediapro have jointly developed.
Key topics of Smart City Live include:
- Adapting urban mobility to safe ans sustainable travel
- Ensuring an inclusive economic recovery
- Technologies to address global urban challenges
- Resilient infrastructures and urban environments to build back better
- Redesigning cities and urban living for all
- The future of retail in a digital era
Smart City Live provides you with the latest insights from public and private sector thought leaders on smart city development, including:
- Ada Colau: Mayor, City of Barcelona
- Takuya Hirai: Minister for Digital Transformation, Social Security, Tax Number System and Information Technology Policy, Government of Japan
- Parag Khanna: Global strategist and best-selling author, founder, FutureMap
- Miguel Gamiño: Executive Vice President, Enterprise Partnerships, Head of Global Cities and City Possible, Mastercard
- Jeff Merritt: Head of IoT, Robotics & Smart Cities and Member of Executive Committee, World Economic Forum
- Carlo Ratti: Architect, engineer, director, MIT Senseable City Lab
- Saskia Sassen: Robert S. Lynd Professor of Sociology, Columbia University
- Sameh Wahba: Global Director, Urban, Disaster Risk Management, Resilience and Land Global Practice, The World Bank
- and many more. Meet all experts here.
"At bee smart city we share the same goal of accelerating the urban transformation towards smart and sustainable cities as Smart City Expo World Congress does. Therefore, we are proud to continue our partnership also for Smart City Live 2020, bringing the best insights to cities and communities digitally during the current pandemic", says Thomas Müller, Managing Partner at bee smart city.
Don't miss the leading Smart City event in its new digital and interactive format! Register now and participate for free!
About Smart City Live by Smart City Expo World Congress
Smart City Expo World Congress (SCEWC) is the world’s leading event for cities, the unmissable hub where leaders of the most innovative cities, companies and organizations gather to share ideas, present projects, and drive urban transformation to a better future. In 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Smart City Expo World Congress will hold an innovative edition under the name Smart City Live (#SCLive2020). Organized by Fira de Barcelona, this year’s summit presents a unique two-day digital experience aimed at providing cities with a global new tool for business and knowledge. Learn more at: https://www.smartcityexpo.com
About bee smart city
bee smart city is the leading global smart city network and community with 15,000+
members from 170 countries, aimed at empowering cities and communities to become
smarter and more sustainable. We connect all smart city stakeholders to exchange
knowledge and lessons learned, to share solutions and best practices, as well as to
grow their professional networks and forge new collaborations. We are the partner
platform of United for Smart Sustainable Cities, the global smart city initiative of the
United Nations, in pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals – especially SDG 11.
Learn more at: https://www.beesmart.city